Born June 19, 1958 Maracaibo, Venezuela
Raised in Miami, Florida. Residing in San Salvador, El Salvador since 2008 Married, 4 children. Avid reader, world traveler, classic movie buff, golfer, occasional cyclist, and yoga practitioner.
Archbishop Curley High School. Miami, FL Diploma 1976 University of Florida, College of Business Administration. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. Gainesville, FL: Diploma 1981
- Capital Bancorp. Miami, FL International and Correspondent Banking Division VP 1980-1988
- Soccer Madness. Apparel and footwear catalog, General Manager 1989-1991
- Partex Apparel Group. Founder, CEO 1991-2009
Launched private label apparel manufacturing company producing for Mitre Sports, Apex One, Nike, Starter, Under Armour, adidas and other globally known brands. The company enjoyed an excellent reputation for making high value and quality sports and activewear.
- Textiles Opico SA de CV. "TexOps" Co-Founder, President 2009-Present
TexOps is the successor company to Partex after merging with Textiles Opico. It is currently producing activewear and performance apparel for major retailers such as Dick's Sporting Goods, Academy Sports + Outdoors, REI, Castelli, The North Face, and Lululemon . The factory employs 1200 people and given customers’ business outlook, the company is set for absorbing steady growth over the next few years.
The principals have taken a lead role in corporate social and environmentally responsible manufacturing. Initiatives include an on-site day care center, clinic and pharmacy, yoga classes, English classes, organic vegetable farm; all for the benefit of the employees. Community outreach programs include vocational training for battered single mothers “Garrobo Project”, financial support of local orphanages “Angels of Hope”, sponsorships of Olympic and Pan American Games athletes representing El Salvador.
- Chairman of the AAPN, Americas Apparel Producers Network as of Dec. 1 2015
- President of the AAPN 2014-present
- Vice President of the AAPN 2013-2014
- Panelist at Lectra “Made in America Panel Discussion”, NYC March 2104
- Speaker in "Apparel Sourcing Show" Guatemala, March 2010
- Speaker in "Sourcing Summit of the Americas" Managua, Nicaragua June 2006
- Speaker in Prime Source Forum, Hong Kong March 2006
- Member of the El Salvador Textile and Apparel Strategic and Tactical Task Force 2004-2005
- Member of Organizing Committee of the “Textile and Apparel Summit” El Salvador 2003-2005
- Speaker and Panelist at AAPN Annual Meeting, Miami, FL. May 2012